Multiple Sound Files

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

Multiple Sound Files

Postby djrappa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:11 am

I have a project when I am creating a simple button board in WD for an operator to fire cues that will play a sound file and trigger a lighting controller.

The playsound command will work for what I need as the playback is very very basic... However, what would be amazing is to play multiple sounds over the top of each other. WD is limited to playing only one sound at a time which results in the current sound stopping to play the new one.

Anyone know a simple piece of software that could run on the same machine that would allow multiple audio tracks to run concurrently and be triggered by WD?

I believe asking WD to do this would be a bit of a stretch so curious if anyone has tried somethings similar...

Thanks
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Re: Multiple Sound Files

Postby Mike Mengen » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:52 am

Hi,

You can do that with the MPC-HC Player. In the options you can select "Open a new player for each media file played". With the command ApplicationStart("FilepathOfMedia") you can start the playback of the soundfile. Please make sure you have selected the MPC-HC Player as Standard Application. The Media Player will also close after Playback if you select that option under Options - Playback - After Playback.

Regards
Mike Mengen

Re: Multiple Sound Files

Postby djrappa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:15 am

Awesome thanks! I'll check it out.
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Return to Widget Designer V6