Locking down a project

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

Locking down a project

Postby djrappa » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:07 pm

I have a project when I'm deploying WD to an end user and I would like to try and make it 'unbreakable'.

Two things I'm trying to achieve... the first is to have them always start WD in kiosk mode with only the correct project loaded...

The second is I would like them to only be restricted to two of the pages of the project (that's achievable with the password feature) however I don't want them to be able to enter Edit Mode to change anything on those two pages other than use the buttons and input boxes etc...

Anyone have tips on such things?
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Re: Locking down a project

Postby Benni_M » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi,
Did you take a look in the manual?

http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... ngs_wd.htm

Best,
Benni
Benni_M

Postby djrappa » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:09 am

I did, but I was not aware that individual components could be locked so didn't even go searching for that information, I thought passwords were only available for whole pages.
Thanks for your help!
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Postby djrappa » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:17 am

Actually I take that back...

Running Version 6.0.4 the Edit Page menu is the only thing that contains a Password option and even that is only a password to lock access to the page.

Neither:
-Project Settings
-Edit Page
-Edit Window
-Widget/Object/Node Properties

dialogue boxes have any options pertaining to protection at all. What am I missing here? Given that manual is for 6.0.3 I would think these would be present in 6.0.4 no??

Thanks
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Postby Janina Baltaziewicz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:26 am

Hi Clint, Hi Benni,

Here is the current state of locking features in WD:
- Protection Settings were removed quite a while ago, but we missed to remove the respective manual entry. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. There were still some conceptual inconsistencies with this feature, that's why we didn't publish it when WD v6 finally came out.
- The complete interface can be locked with View > Disable Interface or toggled with the [Pause] key
- A page can be locked with a password that needs to be entered every time the page is accessed

So far, those are the only available lock features right now (v6.0.4). We are currently working on more, like the mode you mentioned where you can switch off editing.

Cheers,
Janina
Janina Baltaziewicz
Customer Service Engineer
Janina Baltaziewicz

Postby malkuth23 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:30 pm

I guess you can't edit the widgets if you view it on a webpage.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Return to Widget Designer V6