Audio Processor in WD 6.1.1

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

Audio Processor in WD 6.1.1

Postby scarlco » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:19 pm

I'm attempting to utilize the Audio Processor Node in WD 6.1.1 with no success. No matter what I do, I can not get it to see an audio signal. I can successfully choose my device from the drop-down, other applications can see my device audio, but no luck in WD. Am I missing a step?
scarlco

Re: Audio Processor in WD 6.1.1

Postby Christian Hinxlage » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:28 am

Hi Scarlco,

this is a known issue and will be fixed within the next release which is quite close.
Hope this still works for you.

regards,

Christian
Christian Hinxlage
Technical Support Manager

Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
www.christiedigital.com
Christian Hinxlage
Site Admin

Postby scarlco » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:10 pm

Well... it's been three months, and there has been an update, but still no luck with the Audio Processor Node.

I can't begin to stress how beneficial this would be regarding several projects we have going on here. We're starting to look for 3rd party solutions, or perhaps alternative solutions all together.

This is in use on Fremont Street Experience in Las Vegas, where Coolux and Widget run video on the largest LED display in North America. (Wikipedia lists us as #2 in the world, second only to a display in China. However, our resolution is several times higher!)

We run video on an entire street providing an energetic atmosphere to the people 100 feet below. I have been under a lot of pressure to add Audio Reactivity to the video content, which is what I was hoping this Node could help me achieve. So far, "...this is a known issue..." isn't providing my employer with a great deal of confidence.

Do we have a timeline on a fix yet?
scarlco

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:44 pm

I used the Audioprocessor Node today in WD 6.1.2 and it worked for me. What exactly is not working for you.
Can you give a few more details, like OS, Soundcard and Drivers.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby scarlco » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:42 pm

Daniel - Thank you for your reply. Thanks to your account, we were actually able to get it working! It was a little finicky at first - we had to select the audio device's inputs twice, hitting apply each time, until it actually activated. No other settings were different. But hey - it's functioning!

Just fyi - We're running WD 6.1.2 on Win10 1909, using a Behringer Firepower FCA1616 as an interface (in USB mode). Same interface we use for MIDI commands.

Thank you again!
~scarl
scarlco

Return to Widget Designer V6