Moving A Widget Device Keyframe In A Sequence From Widget

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

Moving A Widget Device Keyframe In A Sequence From Widget

Postby kkurtz » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:37 pm

I've been scratching my head with this one for a couple days, I've got nothing.

Is there a command/script/macro/whatever in Widget Designer that will change the time of an existing Widget device keyframe in Pandoras Box? Or some way to copy/paste or create/remove Widget device keyframes?

An example:

We have an 8 hour continuous running timeline, and every hour on the hour we want to play a piece of unique content. These pieces of content will be shuffled each day via an interface in Widget that is already coded and working properly. The pieces of content are not the same length. To account for this time discrepancy on the sequence timeline, the pieces of content are each placed in separate playlists that are 10 minutes long, and the space after the special content is filled with filler content. This means we can shuffle the 10 minute playlists to any hour we want without adjusting the whole timeline.

We also fire off two commands to Widget via a Widget Device layer keyframe. One at the top of each hour to shut off the lights, and one at the end of each piece of unique content to turn the lights back on. The top of the hour keyframe is easy, they never need to move, but the end of content keyframe will be different depending on which piece of unique content is playing. We know the runtimes of each piece of unique content, and we can associate a "move" command with each piece of content when it is shuffled via Widget interface. The question is: how do we move those keyframes? Or can we delete them and recreate them?

Windows 10, Widget Designer v6.1.3, Pandoras Box v6.5.1
Kyle K.
kkurtz

Re: Moving A Widget Device Keyframe In A Sequence From Widge

Postby Janina Baltaziewicz » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Hi Kyle,

Unfortunately, keyframes in PB are not scriptable, so you cannot move, delete or edit keys from WD.
For your specific case though, there are certainly other solutions.

I think the easiest one, as you already know the exact length of the unique video that is currently playing, would be to simply use a wait command to time the "lights back on" command according to the length.
You would only need to adjust the "lights off" key that is triggered each hour and have the video duration (in seconds) available e.g. as global variable (let's call it "clipDuration").
The key script would then look like this:
lights_off_script
WDWait(clipDuration)
lights_on_script

Is this something you can work with?
Janina
Janina Baltaziewicz
Customer Service Engineer
Janina Baltaziewicz

Re: Moving A Widget Device Keyframe In A Sequence From Widge

Postby kkurtz » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:53 pm

Yes, I think that might work, and it's an avenue I hadn't considered. Thanks for the reply.
Kyle K.
kkurtz

Return to Widget Designer V6