Freeze Output

This forum is for feature requests. Please report bugs to the support team instead.

Moderator: Moderator Group

Freeze Output

Postby pedro_benito » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:02 am

It would be nice to have a feature that allows you to hold the screen whatever you are projecting, and let you to change on the fly inside the timeline.

For example, I had one situation that in the last minute one of the speakers couldn't assist and it was substitute by another. The client notified in the very last minute, and I need to add more layers in order to add the new person. I could do it, adding this in a new sequence, but it was impossible (I used all of the them, MANAGER STD). So I couldn't change this on the fly, so I had to ask 5 minutes to the client to stop, in order to make this change.

I know that Watchout has this feature, and if I remember is call Live Preview

Hope you understand me properly.

Thank you.
pedro_benito

Re: Freeze Output

Postby malkuth23 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:36 pm

I mean, you could unplug your network cable from your manager and the clients will continue to play the last thing... But really what you (and I) want is a non-live preview where you can move a preview playhead around irrelevant of the actual playhead.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:27 am

This is on the feature list already.
It sounds easier than it is.

The first step into that direction will be in a multi user environment, all the additional Managers (all but the one who actually has the clients) in the System can go into a blind mode where they can view any part of the timeline without affecting the clients.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby frozenwaffles » Fri May 22, 2020 6:34 am

sounds promising and i hope this is still on the list. crossfading to anywhere on the timeline would be awesome! also a proper preview feature too! like Pixera :)
Jeremy Koch
Sydney, Australia
Innovative Production Services - http://www.innovative.net.au
hp Z G4 with Windows 10 1809 LTSC (NVidia P5000) - Running V8.8
Manager on Dual Processor Server Hardware - Running V8.8
Widget Designer - Running V6.5.7 beta
frozenwaffles

Return to Feature Wishlist V6