how to do

Christie Pandoras Box Version 8 - Q&A
Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

how to do

Postby satanete666 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:18 am

Hi to all,

i would like to to mask some layer in a composition , that i want is that i can put a mask that cut some layers in for exaple in the right place of the output and when i move to the left side it start to apear, is any effect or layer setup to do that. i try wirh the fill + key efect but i can see the key when they are not aligned.

Thanks
satanete666

Re: how to do

Postby justyn roy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:35 pm

Hello

I think what you're looking for is Layer Routing.
There is a common way to use Layer Routing for masking. You can route Layers directly to an output which will make it skip the whole render composition path and it will remain on top of every other Layer that exists.

Please take a look at this page of the manual:

https://christiepandorasbox.com/root/downloads/support/Documentation/Helpfile/#video-layer-inspector.htm

In the inspector, you're looking for the "Camera" and "Output" checkboxes.
Usually, you'll uncheck the Camera and check the Output for these kinds of masks.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for.
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Postby satanete666 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:00 pm

Hi Justin,

i dont think that i can do that way, my problem is that i need to mask only some layer that be masked only in one parte of the cambas , when they move out of this area they must be visible.
satanete666

Postby justyn roy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:47 pm

Please take a look at this chapter of the manual "Layer ordering"

https://christiepandorasbox.com/root/downloads/support/Documentation/Helpfile/#site-layer-and-parameter-structure_devicetree.htm

I think this may help you.

You can put the layers that are not supposed to be masked "in front" of the masking layer.

You can also use the Z-position to accomplish this without re-ordering the layers.
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Return to Pandoras Box V8