hardware dongle error 33

Christie Pandoras Box Version 8 - Q&A
Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

hardware dongle error 33

Postby destafkes » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:00 pm

Hi all

I'm running a show at the moment and have experienced my manager crashing during the show during rehearsals and now during the premiere. I just checked the gui log and it keeps reporting hardware dongle error 33. Is there something I can do while I'm running the show ?

Cheers
Stef

I will upload the log file after the performance.
destafkes

Re: hardware dongle error 33

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:36 am

Hi,

that does not sound good.
3 things:
a) check if Dongle is damaged
b) make sure that windows is not allowed to turn off USB Power
c) try another USB Port. If you have use a native USB2 Port.
d) check if Sentinal Service is running - http://127.0.0.1:1947

The error points to a Problem between the communication between the API and the License Manager (which is a windows service that communicates with the dongle)
Code: Select all
/** Communication error between API and local Sentinel License Manager */

Do you have other software installed on that system that uses dongle protection? Try reinstall of pandoras box, this will also reinstall the dongle driver if it was overwritten by another app.

Please also open a ticket with our support and send them the log files.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby destafkes » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:37 am

Hey Daniel

I have been in contact with Christian. I send him the logs folder.
So yesterday I checked the Sentinal Service and started a session. Upon checking the GUI Log there were no more error 33 reported.
I did not alter anything in the Sentinal service, could it be that by opening the Licence Manager it somehow forced communication between the dongle and the licence manager ?

Afterwards I also updated the dongle driver (but the problem was already solved) just in case.

Cheers Stef

Ps I uploaded the logfolder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
destafkes

Postby destafkes » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:56 pm

Hi all

So today we have a performance and I started everything up again including the sentinel control center.
I checked the logs and the errors started popping up again.
I did update the dongle yesterday, but I forgot to restart the computer so I think the update was only performed when I started the computer up today.
I have no clue why there weren't any problems yesterday. The only thing I did yesterday was open up the sentinel control center and started a a few sessions. Each time I checked the log and there were no error 33 metioned. Like I said I did update the dongle, but even after I did that I had no errors in the log. Now every minute or so there is that mention of the error 33. I can also see the cursor doing it's wheel thing.
The last session I ran yesterday I did go through the whole show (4.5 hours) with all the ques and there was no problem.
I'm at my wits end here.

Stefan
destafkes

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:54 am

Hi Stefan,

did you do all the things I asked you to do?
The problem might be USB Port related or Dongle Hardware related.

Can you check the dongle on a different computer?
Do you have another dongle you can try on that computer?

Does the problem travel with the dongle or does the problem stay with the computer?
If the problem travels with the dongle, your dongle might be damaged.
If this is the case please contact you dealer and ask for a dongle swap.

If the problem stays with the computer:
a) is it Christie Hardware? If so, install the clean image.
b) is it your own hardware? Reinstall the system.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby destafkes » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:24 am

Hi Daniel

So the first time I found out about the 33 error I tried both usb ports on the laptop and I also tried our other dongle. There seemed to be no difference.
The Dongle is already 10 years old, so maybe time for a swap.
I haven't reinstalled PB on the laptop yet, because It all seem to work on friday and saturday (day of the performace) there wasn't enough time to reinstall and test it.
The sentinal app did see the dongle and when checking the diagnostics there were no error reported by the sentinal application.
Wednesday I will come in earlier and will recheck the usb ports and dongles and also do a PB reinstall.

cheers
Stef
destafkes

Return to Pandoras Box V8