Control and Dante on different Network Ports?

Christie Pandoras Box Version 8 - Q&A
Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Control and Dante on different Network Ports?

Postby tongrillo » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:39 pm

Hi,

I have a new Quad Server with PB Version 8.8.1 running. The server has not the optional dante card but there are three network connectors on it. I tried to use different ethernet ports for the control network and the PBDante audio output, but it doesn't work. Although there is a option to select the network connector for PBDante in the config tab the selection has no effect. Dante and the control network should be in different IP subnets. Dante uses link local addresses and the control net is 192.168.1.0/24

Everytime I change the IP to a static IP in the 192.168.1.0/24 range, PBDante also changes to this IP. Did I miss some config steps?

Thank you for your advices,

Reinhard
tongrillo

Re: Control and Dante on different Network Ports?

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:37 pm

Maybe you miss something.

You have to select different Networkadpter for Dante and another one for your PB Net.
Looks like you found the configuration for the Dante Adapter but not the other one.
It is hidden under Configuration Local / Network

Forum_Net.PNG

Do not forget to restart PB after adapter change.

The 3 Adapter on a server are actually 2 you can use under Windows the 3rd one is for IPMI (Motherboard Managment). This one will not show up under Windows.

Let us know if this solved your Problem.

Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby tongrillo » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:23 pm

Hello Daniel,

thank you for your help. With your suggested configuration I could check that the server works as expected. When I connect a computer with Dante Controller directly on the network port, I can see the network port working as a Dante port.

When this Dante port is connected to my Dante network it doesn't work anymore. There is some weird stuff happening in this network. So I have to wait for the network documentation from our system integrator until I can continue analyzing the problem.

Thank you very much,

Reinhard
tongrillo

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:38 pm

Hi,

one thing you can check is, if you run your Dante Network with selfassigned IPs or Fixed IPs.
Please check your Dante Controller software and see what kind of IPs the other Dante Devices have.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Return to Pandoras Box V8