Video Card Selection??

Christie Pandoras Box Version 8 - Q&A
Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Video Card Selection??

Postby titocaicedo » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:36 am

Is there a way to limit the video card used for outputs??
what im trying to do is use two outputs on a computer but I want to keep seeing my timeline, Im ok with loosing my preview windows, but the problem is that when I use more than one output the GUI with my timeline goes black. If i use a single output and activate the output is single checkbox then my GUI doesnt go black... how can i achieve the same when using two outputs????
Mauricio "Tito" Caicedo
Machine Tamer / Pixel Juggler

+1 954 477 4985 USA

2 Razer 18 Laptops each running PB V8 single output 4k@60Hz / SMPTE Link / Blackmagic Decklink Duo2 Capture.
titocaicedo

Re: Video Card Selection??

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:19 am

Hi,

it depends a little on your GPU and the Output Resolution.
As long as the 2 Renderoutputs have the same resolution you have a chance.

Make a mosaic or a souround screen out of those 2 renderoutputs.

in PB select Fullscreen is single.
You should see 1 output that is double wide from your normal renderoutput resolution. Check that one for rendering.
Divide that output into 2 PB outputs.

And you should be all set.

The hardest thing will be getting the GPU into a Mosaik / souround + 1 Mode. It highly depends on your GPU and driver if and how that is possible,

I hope this puts you on the right track.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Re: Video Card Selection??

Postby titocaicedo » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:43 pm

Thanks for the reply, will check if I can make this mosaic with my current GPU....
I hope I can do it this way or I will have to find another media server solution.
I find it very limiting, and cumbersome, and also not workable if my resolutions are different...

I understand this might be left over from the time of the quad splits, but now a days I believe the software sgoukd jist give me the option to turn off the screen i dont want to use....
Mauricio "Tito" Caicedo
Machine Tamer / Pixel Juggler

+1 954 477 4985 USA

2 Razer 18 Laptops each running PB V8 single output 4k@60Hz / SMPTE Link / Blackmagic Decklink Duo2 Capture.
titocaicedo

Return to Pandoras Box V8