Multi-user Request

This forum is for feature requests. Please report bugs to the support team instead.
Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Multi-user Request

Postby filmshemp » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:49 pm

I know this is a big request. A iPad/tablet multi-user app. The last few large show creations I have been apart of, one thing I noticed is every designer has an iPad in their hand and constantly requests access to the timeline/preview. Having an app for the iPad that would give it a multi-user log on (even limited access) would be something that would be useful and designers would love it. I am sure programmers would find ways to make it useful too.
filmshemp

Re: Multi-user Request

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:57 pm

Interesting Idea,
can you explain a little what they would like to see?
Is it just seeing?

I am giving Multiviewer Access to Designers and Directors for a while now splitting the MV and sending it over NDI to an IPAD.
Works great. Director can see Multiviewer and also normally PGM on their IPAD.
We do this using birddogs.

What exactly do you or your Designers what to see? The Timecode? The timeline itself?

Please explain a little and paint a clearer picture.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Re: Multi-user Request

Postby filmshemp » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:18 pm

Daniel,
Of course each designer is different. Some want view of the preview, some want access to the timeline, or both. A common one was access to the timeline with the effects. Trying to explain desired color adjustments, replicator settings... can get a bit frustrating. NDI does seem like an option for viewing. I just thought a "multi-user designer app" would be something that could find its place.
filmshemp

Return to Feature Wishlist V8