Share Layer via FX

This forum is for feature requests. Please report bugs to the support team instead.
Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Share Layer via FX

Postby showgunner » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:53 am

Hi,

I'm interested in an FX that allows a layer to share its texture from another layer.

Here's how I envision it:

The first attribute: On/Off switch for "ShareLayerFX."
The second attribute: Layer number (indicating which layer's texture should be shared with the current layer).
The third attribute: WithFX/WithoutFX, specifying whether additional effects are applied.
I understand there might be a standard function for this, but due to my use of an ArtNet console, it doesn't seem readily accessible from what I know.

I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thank you,
Peter
showgunner

Re: Share Layer via FX

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:24 pm

Hi Peter,

I put that on the feature request list.

How would you feel about a solution, where your Folder ID 255 would reference Layer Texture of the Layer that is specified with File ID and Folder 254 for Layer Texture rendering.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Re: Share Layer via FX

Postby showgunner » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:46 pm

Thank you Daniel,
yes, but this is maybe not compatible with older showfiles where one used this folders already ?
best greets
Peter
showgunner

Return to Feature Wishlist V8