Pixel mapping for ledscreen

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Pixel mapping for ledscreen

Postby rubendesnoo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi,

I'm new to mapping with pandora, maybe someone can help.

I have a preprogrammed show with 4x3 video content on a resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels. (I use a projector for displaying).
This weekend I can use a ledwall with a resolution of 768x480, and a tile structure in the shape of a 'H'.

In the attachment is the pixelmap for the ledwall.

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rubendesnoo on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freelance interactive art production
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Re: Pixel mapping for ledscreen

Postby rubendesnoo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi

It looks like I did get it working quite good with the remap fx.

I would like to preprogram this mapping at home, but the manual says:
Create a new Patch with the same (!) resolution Pandoras Box Output is set to and how the LED video processor is controlled.

Does this mean that I need to make a patchsize in the Matrix patcher of 768 by 480 pixels? (as my processor need)

Does it work if I test this on a normal monitor at home, safe the map, and then the next day connect to my ledprocessor and no editing is needed?
Or can you only make a map when pandora is connected with the right output resolution (768x480)?

Different question, Can I fit the different map zones perfect inside the MAP View area in a simple way, or do I need to scale and replace it by hand?

thanks
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:28 am

Hi Ruben,

when assigning the ReMap-FX to the output you need to make sure, that the pixel-size of your working space matches the resolution of your PandorasBox output.
Are you really outputting 768x480 from the DVI output of your graphics card? If so, the patch would need to be at the same resolution.

If you are still using 1024x768 pixels as the "Windows"-resolution, you should keep that size and just reroute the pixels to where they belong within your new setup.
Normally you would feed 1024x768 into the processor by only using 768x480 pixels within it.

As the output is completely remapped and not only the used pixel area, you need to make sure that this is matching your patch size as it would otherwise lead to different remap positions.

There is no automated way of assigning pixels to the new position, so you need to do that manually. This is as well the only way to be sure that the pixels are where you want it.
Is this answering your questions for the "simple way" of doing it? Maybe I didn't get you right.

Cheers
Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby rubendesnoo » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:34 am

Hi Markus,

Thanks!

The scaling part of the map view is taking some time, if there was a button like: 'fit in to area horizontally/or vertically', it would be a lot faster and easier.
But it still works manually.

best regards

ruben
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Return to Pandoras Box V5