Output issue for Pro server

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Output issue for Pro server

Postby tjay » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi All,

I am using a Media Manger and a Pro server on coolux hardware with ver 5.7 10085.

2 outputs on server.

Output 1 - to 2 way DA one to LED wall one to Video mixer.

Output 2 to LED wall

Day 1 everything was fine.

Day 2 when I powered on the outputs change from the previous day ? OK no problem just change the outputs in inspector apart from I am splitting output 1 and sending to a video mixer. Output 2 is a different image. (we decided to fix this later so I could continue programming)

I had to move the server, when I rebooted the outputs changed again. (Good job we did not fix the above)

This time each output split into 2.Each LED wall had 2 coolux logo screens, and the graphics that worked the previous day now only show output 1 on half of each screen.

I had to mess around with resolutions/video card settings and enabling disabling output 2 and lots of reboots before it was corrected.

The network was disconnected and the server crashed.

5 mins before full final rehearsal someone accidentally (!!!WTF!!!) removed the DVI cable and PB server crashed.

Again When i rebooted same as above.

Is it possible to be a XP video driver conflicting with the PB's video drivers ?

What should the XP video card setup be ? One horizontal screen or independent displays ? This also seems to change randomly and some times the independent option is not there.

One more issue I had was I could not control the overall opacity of output 2, Output 1 was fine.

Can you also explain the new Inspector tab - difference between output 1/2 and camera 1/2.

Thanks
tjay

Re: Output issue for Pro server

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:58 am

Hey,

we recommend to use the horizontal spanning mode. This also implies that the resolution should be the same. The PB Menu might misinterpret some setups.

To avoid problems with signal loss you can employ EDID Managers between the Server and the Cables that go to the display devices.

Pandoras Box usually doesn't crash when there is a network signal loss. It may however crash when a display is disconnected. This is simply because the video driver changes the settings when it detects a display change.

Please use the video driver provided in the factory image/in the C:/system/Drivers and Tools/. This driver version is tested. There are drivers out there that cause problems (even though they are labled as "stable")

Regarding the inspector, please have a look at Online Manual - Layer Inspector and also Online Manual - Video Processing Pipeline

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby tjay » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 am

Hi Dennis.

Thanks for the info.

I am now using 2 DVI Detective plus. Only issue is the horizontal spanning mode does not show up, only duelview. Any tips on setting up the Detectives ?

Cheers
tjay

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi,

if you look into the NVIDIA Driver it will propably show that you are connected as HDMI and not as DVI.
HDMI Signals can / do contain Audio.
Signals which include Audio can not be run in Horizonal or Vertical Span. Only if both output show a connections a DVI HSpan will work.
This is a physical limitation and has nothing to do with PandorasBox.

Your Problem most likley is that your EDID Detective is sending an EDID with an Extention.
Please load / configure your EDID Detective that it has no Extentions in the EDID.

Depending on your Detective it might be very simple or get quite complicated. Please refer to the manufactures manual.
If you let us know the model you are using we might be able to help.

If you do not want to have that problem in the future we can recommend the coolux EDID Link. It was especially designed to avoid that problem.
http://www.coolux.de/products/accessories/

I hope this helps.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi,

if you look into the NVIDIA Driver it will propably show that you are connected as HDMI and not as DVI.
HDMI Signals can / do contain Audio.
Signals which include Audio can not be run in Horizonal or Vertical Span. Only if both output show a connections a DVI HSpan will work.
This is a physical limitation and has nothing to do with PandorasBox.

Your Problem most likley is that your EDID Detective is sending an EDID with an Extention.
Please load / configure your EDID Detective that it has no Extentions in the EDID.

Depending on your Detective it might be very simple or get quite complicated. Please refer to the manufactures manual.
If you let us know the model you are using we might be able to help.

If you do not want to have that problem in the future we can recommend the coolux EDID Link. It was especially designed to avoid that problem.
http://www.coolux.de/products/accessories/

I hope this helps.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Return to Pandoras Box V5