Can not launch into Client Mode

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Can not launch into Client Mode

Postby anthonydiehl » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:30 pm

I have one Player STD running two dongle licenses that just randomly stopped working. It will not launch into Client mode. It reaches the windowed view that shows the small preview, but the preview is greyed out. Going full screen minimizes the window, but the outputs still remain as the default PB desktop image.

So far, I have checked all cable connections, EDID issues, and tried clearing and re-installing graphic drivers (nvidia 760 card).

One other odd thing, when it launches, windows sends a popup message saying "The color scheme has been changed to windows 7 basic. A running program isn't compatible with certain visual elements of windows". I've checked most standard Windows settings but I'm not seeing anything obvious. This is strange because this was running fine and nothing seemed to be changed.

Suggestions?
anthonydiehl

Re: Can not launch into Client Mode

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Hey,

the Aero theme may cause issues with Pandoras Box, so we simply disable that on every start. You should probably send your log files to the coolux support team.

Best regards
Dennis

On a side note: If the aero theme is not turned back on after PB exists you can press "WIN + R" and type: "net start uxsms" to restart the theme.
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby anthonydiehl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Yes, logs have been sent, just awaiting a response.

Aero themes are off, no change. 'dxdiag' does not report any issues. We re-installed all the re-distributable programs (DX, .Net, etc) but no change. Could this be a bad graphics card? Seriously, everything is identical on all the other machines and they run fine as did this one until it randomly just stopped launching.

Has anyone experienced this happening and found a fix?
anthonydiehl

Postby anthonydiehl » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Just posting an update for others.

After checking all possible software issues (drivers, .net, directX, etc), I then checked physical hardware. I swapped out the graphics card and the RAM. In both cases the problem persisted on the problem machine. I tested RAM and video card on another machine to be sure and everything worked fine.

Finally, I did a clean install of windows 7 64bit, reinstalled all drivers for the motherboard, and then installed all coolux software. The issue now appears to be resolved, although I have no idea what caused this or if it will happen again.
anthonydiehl

Return to Pandoras Box V5