Sensor Link Info

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Sensor Link Info

Postby Paride Signoretta » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:43 pm

Hello,

I'd like to use the sensor link for rotation a cube but if i want to buy an encoder, is possibible tu use multifunction encoder or is better to use different sistem
for rotation, inclination?

And more, How many time do you think i spend for configure the sistem?

For the startrek rotation how many projector do you use??

Tnk Paride.
& Tech
Milano - Italy
Paride Signoretta

Re: Sensor Link Info

Postby Patrick Verhey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:05 am

Hi Paride,

did you ever worked bevor with sensors or equal things?
There are a lot of different things to be aware of, like for example how fast is that cube rotating. Is it only rotating in one direction or does it go back and forward? How many Projectors you want to use?

In usual we use high industrial standard encoders with the sensor link. Be aware not to use an potentiometer, it must be an encoder. And as you know the speed and the size of the cube you need to calculate how many steps your encoder needs to have. If you have a smooth movement in one direction it is good to use an encoder with a high resolution with a minimum of a 1000 steps or even more.
For the startrek cube we are using a encoder with 1400 steps.

After you have your hardware running, you need to do a few special settings to the software. There is a rotation smoothing in Pandoras Box wich needs to be switched of, regarding to the speed of the cubes rotation.

The Star Trek cube was done with a total of 4 projectors. And it took us about 20 hours to setup the system.

I know that these information will not help you to setup a plug and play system, but unfortuanally it is not that easy. Please feel free to send me a mail at verhey@coolux.de with as many information as you have on that project. I will get in touch with you then. Maybe it ist smart to think about a support from us, since we have a lot of experience with things like that. We also have a project consulting department, which is able to help with any things, also on site with sending you an operator and programmer for you show.

Hope that helps you.

regards

Patrick

Return to Pandoras Box V5