3DS Max Texturing exporting for PB

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

3DS Max Texturing exporting for PB

Postby selor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:22 am

Good morning,

An interesting question and needed by most of graphists i think :

Is there any tutorial or process to generate the mapping of an object in JPG, TGA or dont matter ... from 3DS Max ?

Example : I have a bottle of perfume with a texture in 3DS. In order to be well mapped in PB i imagine i have to export two things, One UVW map in order pb can know where apply or not the texture and the texture.
Did you have a tutorial in order to export all the texture elements for all faces ? i think i have to export all face in a same image but dont arrive to make the process.

Regards
selor

Re: 3DS Max Texturing exporting for PB

Postby Julia Foest » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:21 am

Hi Selor,

I don´t have access to 3ds max, but I know that our customers use the process "render to texture" in order to get the objects texture for PB (here all used textures are combined to one texture-file). You get the best quality for PB by creating a .bmp-file. Please see also this video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTC83q7wsCY.

So, to get your object with the right texture to PB you only have to export your object from 3ds max (with the mapping on it) and your texture. Put it all on one layer, and it should work!

Regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby selor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:58 am

Thanks Julia :lol:
selor

Postby selor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:16 pm

Hum just a precision Julia, wich or did exist a max size for the texture deployment in PB ? because when i am creating my render to texture i can choose up until 2K size .
Its an important parameter because if we scale the object after in PB wich is the max and better size for the texture file ??

Thanks
selor

Postby Julia Foest » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi Selor,

as Pandoras Box supports a resolution up to 4K , it is no problem to use a resolution of 2K.
Please also see our encoding guideline: http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/support/Documentation/Manual%20PB%20MediaEncoding%20Guideline%20v3_5.pdf.

Regards, Julia
Julia Foest

Return to Pandoras Box V5