christie projector and coolux

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Re: christie projector and coolux

Postby jsormani » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi Markus, yes I'm pretty sure everything was set OK.
For WD i used TCP server ,the standard port 23 and checked enable .and the same IP address as PB since they were on the same machine (2.0.0.100)
IN pB i added serallink and in inspector used IP 2.0.0.100 , port 23 and unchecked Use serial header

This was on a production machine.
I just restarted the whole PC and tried again with a new project but no changes here. Still the exclamation mark
On my laptop I tried the same setup and here no connections either ( not to the other PC and also not to the local WD)

If I send TCP commands directly in WD I have no problems getting through to the other PC ( with PJlink emulator)

All Pc's windows 7

BR
John
jsormani

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi John,

this sounds correct so far.
What Revision are you using in both applications?

*** Edit: Now it is coming back to my mind. The SerialLink is broken within Rev8071. It works in older versions and will be fixed within the next release.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby jsormani » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi Markus,
I was using PB 8071 so that figures.
I'll go back to the previous version then

John
jsormani

Postby jsormani » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi Markus
I,ve tested it with the precieus version of pb and now it works fine.

2 questions though.
1 with wd you can start and stop the tcp connection.
How can i do That in the timeline.?
I need to send pjlink commands and pjlink closes the connection after some time, so after that it won't work anymore.
I can send à query Every 30 seconds to keep the connection alive but that is rather cumbersome

2 is there à clever way to integrate à CR in the string from the timeline?
Of i send [CR] this is translated, so for now i have translated the complete asci string to hex to be able to send it in one go
If i make à second cue with just 0d in hex after the ASCII string i have timing issues so that is no option

Br
John
jsormani

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi John,

so far the only way of reconnecting the SerialConnection is going to the inspector and applying the settings again.

You could try to implement a [h0D] right after your ASCII string. Maybe that helps.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby jsormani » Fri May 03, 2013 4:54 pm

OK, they way to go is to add a widget designer device to the project and control WD in the background in stead then.
This will automatically load when PB is started

Best regards
John
jsormani

Postby JustynR » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:54 am

Couldn't think of another place to put this...

Maybe I am not understanding something here, I think I understand in the manual that I can't do this but I want to make sure.

I have 44 Projectors - all Christie HD-20k Roadsters I am using on a show in a month.
I am building an interface in WD to connect to them to get status updates and controlling them.

In WD the TCP Connection Manager has 3 options:
Server Single Client
Server Multi Client
Client Only

From what I understand from the manual I can send commands to all of the projectors at the same time.
For instance, (SHU 0) will open ALL of the shutters, but (4 SHU 0) will only open the shutter on the projector addressed to 4.

To set this up I thought I'd have to create a "Server Multi Client" on port 3002.
When I do this, it says that the client count is 0.
If I try and send any command, it does not respond.

If i connect using "Client Only" at the same port it connects and responds / replies to requests.

Is there perhaps another port to do this?

Am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks for any input!
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:45 am

Hi,

A TCP connection consists of two sides. The TCP-Server side which is passive and waits for connections and a TCP-Client which actively connects to a TCP-Server.
Your projectors are all being passive, they are waiting for you to connect. That means that they are TCP-Servers. You need a TCP-Client to connect to them.
A TCP-Client can only connect to one Server at a time while a TCP-Server could accept multiple connections from more than one TCP-Client.

Those multi-projector controls somewhat only apply to the case when you are using the Serial port (you can daisy chain the projectors). I think that there is also a way to control multiple projectors via TCP, but I don't know exactly how it works. (maybe using Multicast).

EDIT: Of course you can open up multiple TCP-Clients and control multiple projectors at the same time. I was only referring to these "IDs" that the Christies use.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Previous

Return to Pandoras Box V5