Unwanted change of IP.

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Unwanted change of IP.

Postby Ebbe » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi. Everything works fine. Then i add a networkconnection to a new network card (that is my phone using USB-tehthering becasue i want to play Spotify on same soundcard).
Now Pandora snaps to that new IP causing lost connectin to streamx and MagicQ.

How do i force Pandora to sit still on my first IP?

Ebbe
PB Player STD, Magicq PC Wing, Win 7, Console mode fullscreen on external screen.
Ebbe

Re: Unwanted change of IP.

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:11 am

Hi Ebbe,

did you add another IP to one single network adapter?
At the moment you can choose the network adapter, but not the specific IP address, if there are multiple of them.

Pandoras Box seems to take always the additional set IP-adress, so if you set the one used for Pandora as the advanced one and put in the other IP address normally within the IP settings, Pandoras Box will hook up to the second one.
The other way would be to use 2 physical network adapters.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby Ebbe » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:59 am

Im not very good in networking and dont really know difference of things you say.
I have one networkcard with its "network connection" and a set of ip for instance 2.9.500.1
To play spotify i connect my mobile and set to USB-tethering, this makes network center to show another networkconnection where i can set a bunch of properties.
However if forcing it anything eles than default internet stops working and spotify will stop.
Pandor snaps to this latest networkconnection and i want it to "stay" where it was.

Where do i set network in pandora as you mention?
(Tried tpo just change ip in inspector for my loacla device but it just snaps back to what it did before)

Ebbe
PB Player STD, Magicq PC Wing, Win 7, Console mode fullscreen on external screen.
Ebbe

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi!

You cannot change the IP of the computer within the inspector. This is just a reference to the original IP it is talking to.
However you set your IPs, just make sure, that you set the last IP as the one you want to use within Pandoras Box. This should fix it, as Pandoras Box takes the last IP as you said yourself, which was set.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi Ebbe,

since Markus is not at the office I've talked to him.

I guess you are using PB rev 7325? If so then there's no chance to get PB to work in fact you have two active network connections. With this revision you can have only that network adapter enabled which is connected to the PB network. Sorry for that.

With our latest revision 7612, which is a release candidate which we only recommend to use for testing purposes, we added the possibilty to choose the network adapter for use with PB network.

You can choose your "Preferred Network Adapter" in the configuration tab. Please restart your Manager / Master to apply the changes.

Hope this helps.
Christopher Fluegel
Technical Support, coolux GmbH
Christopher Fluegel

Postby cyeary » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Hey All,

I have actually done a TONE of testing of this because all of my managers I run with dual networks. Its good to hear that in the next revision you can choose the preferred. However I can say from LOTS of testing. That pandora prefers the network card that is labeled ethernet 0 in the IP ID list.
Cameron Yeary
Unlimited Visibility, Inc.
cyeary

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:08 am

Hi cyeary,

I would like to point you to the following instructions to change the network binding order (which also affects PB).

How to change the binding order of network adapters
Code: Select all
1) Click Start, click Run, type ncpa.cpl , and then click OK.
2) You can see the available connections in the LAN and High-Speed Internet section of the Network Connections window.
3) On the Advanced menu, click Advanced Settings, and then click the Adapters and Bindings tab.
4) In the Connections area, select the connection that you want to move higher in the list. Use the arrow buttons to move the connection.
Taken from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894564/EN-US

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby cyeary » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:11 pm

I have tried this as well but I do not find it 100 percent consistent. The only consistent method I have found is making sure it is ethernet 0 and that the binding order is correct. Thank you for the quick tip though.
Cameron Yeary
Unlimited Visibility, Inc.
cyeary

Postby Ebbe » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:02 pm

WORKS!!!! :P :P :P
SPotify plays on network from my HTC on 192.168..
Pandora And MagicQ runs show on 2.9.200..

StreamiX streams my Scorboard.
and on USB and one Firewire camera shows live pics.

And I just love you all!!!!!

Ebbe

IF somthing changes next restart or more likely at showtime, i just reset and let my phon be the DJ.
Ebbe

Return to Pandoras Box V5