AirTouch with Pandoras Box

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

AirTouch with Pandoras Box

Postby Jan Huewel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:38 pm

Dear All

for all of you interessted in contact-free "minority report" - style of airtouch interaction i have been experienceing with several technologies in the past month and I thought some of you might find this very exciting and usefull.

The basic approach is to use infra-red light curtains and retreiving the intersected ir beams as input for scaling or positioning individual layers.

The setup we have demonstrated on a couple of shows and demos right now is making use of the Pandoras Box Automation SDK and a serial connection to the light curtain.

To see the result in action check out this video of the Demo at XL Video UK:
http://www.coolux.de/root/videos/casestudies/airtouch/airtouch_big.mov
Jan Huewel

Re: AirTouch with Pandoras Box

Postby Patrick Verhey » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi,

if you wonder now how to get the output on the small monitor in front of the airtouch being mirrored to the screen in the back here is the explanation:

How to mirror the output?
by Patrick Verhey on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:35 pm

Maybe you need to mirror the output of one display. For example if you want to have a preview in front of the stage wich shows the layer position on the right side. I just had the request on a Demo of the Airtouch, so that the presenter can move the layer on the screen behind him, without looking onto it.

It is pretty easy to do with one of the Media Player Objects. The one you need is the "flip x andy y" That will flip the picture and you only need to rotate the camera position with 180° after you put that object on the camera. This will mirror the output of that camera.

Pretty easy........

In this special case it really makes sense to do it like this, because this is the only way to give the user of the airtouch an idea about what he is doing.

Return to Pandoras Box V5