hardware suggestion: live/playback wing

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

hardware suggestion: live/playback wing

Postby ueliriegg » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:55 am

Hi Pandora Team

i'm wondering if you're planning to add another wing to your product portfolio. i was thinking, that a T-bar cross fader would be quite useful. assign a layer or a cam to each side and then adjust their opacities proportionally by fading from one side to the other.
what do you think?

Cheers from Switzerland, Ueli
ueliriegg

Re: hardware suggestion: live/playback wing

Postby Patrick Verhey » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi,

this is pretty much what we had with the MediaVision. Right know we are working on MediaVison 2 which will be a Hradware Console for complete show control. This will have feature like a T-Bar.
Right know its not sure how long it will take to get it out....

Postby ueliriegg » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:32 pm

ah, that's why i couldn't find infos on the mediavision lately...
but since the vision is quite heavy budgetwise, i was rather looking for something in the size of media manager joggle or playback extension. usb and nothing else than a t-bar and a select knob on each side.
of course, for certain people this would be a bit of a challenge for the mediavision, but i guess there are so many of us who just can't afford the mediavision... and it would help so much in a live-environment...

cheers, Ueli
ueliriegg

Postby Patrick Verhey » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Hi,

you are right. But this is more a marketing topic than a technical issue. If we have plenty of wings for the manager we do not need to develop a MediaVision. And we also do not want to sell more usb devices for external control, that will end up with a plastik bag of stuff for the operator. And this is not so very professional. Actually the Playback Extension for the Manager Pro has already a lot of features which should only be in the Vision fisrt.

But another thing which everybody can do is to buy any kind of hardware device and implement it with the SDK into our system. I know that we have customer who are using 3D scroll mouses via USB or Gyrotation devices to control their show.
And as soon as we have the Widget Desginer Pro the implementation of these things will be much easier. I hope that the Pro Version for the Widget Desginer will be released on Prolight and Sound in April.

Postby ueliriegg » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:22 pm

hi patrick

of course i understand your economic issues. but maybe you'd agree, that a) the mediavision and "my" usb-t-bar-thingy don't have the same target audience and b) no one will not buy a mediavision because there's a single t-bar available. i think it's rather the real preview and other features, that make someone buy the media vision.
and i'm sure you also understand, that i'd rather have a t-bar from you, presumably tested by coolux, than one by xy with a driver that has been patchworked by me ;-)

cheers
ueliriegg

Return to Pandoras Box V5