PB MENU VS REV2814

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

PB MENU VS REV2814

Postby Djools » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:55 am

Hi Julia jan and PB TEAM,

We have discovered a little issue i think simple to solve but need your advise :
We installed rev 2814 in all our servers. Setup the LCD front panel in order to point to rev2814 and all is ok for the servers. Pb Menu point on the good version, lcd panel on the good too .
After, we have installed in the same way on the Mediavision server but it doesn't works :
- LCD front panel doesn't show any version to point in the Mode menu
- secondly the PB Menu on the desktop don't point to the good version, so that we decided to change the target of the shortcut, in c:/system/LCD_Menu/PandoraBox.ink in order to point on c:/programfiles/coolux/pandora box mediavion .. rev2814/pandorabox.exe
This tips don't really work ...
so for the moment we have to start the new PB by windows Start panel.

a way to solveit ? or a new pbmenu.exe somewhere with the new versions ??
Thanks
Djools

Re: PB MENU VS REV2814

Postby Julia Foest » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi Djools,

was the lcd menu software on the vision server installed and working with Rev. 2455 BEFORE you installed the Rev. 2814? Did you meanwhile install PB Spark or PB Widget Designer?

Please have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=228.
I hope this will fix your problems.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby Djools » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
Well, I just installed the Rev2814 on the Manager and the Media Server without any other software running or installing. Then on the Media Server I changed the shortcut's link of the PB Menu "CLIENT" in order to load the Rev2814 (C:\system\LCD_Menu). I also changed on the LCD front panel the version to load (Mode - Media Server Pro : Rev2814).
Result : for the Media Servers everything is OK.

I tried to do the same thing on the Mediavision Manager : changing the shortcut's link of the PB Menu "MASTER" in order to load the Rev2814 (C:\system\LCD_Menu) and change the version to load on the Manager LCD front panel. Here is my problem : since the shortcut's link change, my button "MASTER" (in the PB Menu) load me the Rev2814 version but with a lot of problems (it doesn't connect to the servers, when I shutdown the system is blocked, etc.). So I have to start since the Windows Taskbar (Start - Coolux - Pandoras Box Rev2814) and, by this way, the software is running very well. Another problem on the Mediavision Manager LCD front panel : into the "Mode" panel, it is simply impossible to choose a version to load, as a master as a client. I just have a white scroller with nothing inside.
Another thing on the Mediavision Manager LCD front panel : it doesn't show me the good informations. For example, I do work with a Master IP "2.0.0.1" on the Lan 1 and I do read on the LCD panel an IP "192.154.91.22" on the Lan 2 and "No Connection" on the Lan 1 ...

Thank you for your help. Best regards to Julia and all of the PB team.

Djools
Djools

Postby Julia Foest » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Hi Djools,

did you read the forum post about the pb menu software (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=228&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=lcd+display) that I mentioned in my last entry? If not, please try this out.
This should in every case fix the empty scroll down list under MODE, so that you can choose the software revision that should be loaded.
Usually there is no need to change the shortcuts under C:/system/lcd_menu, because these shortcuts change when choosing a different software rev. in the lcd display at the server.
I know about the case, that sometimes the lcd front panel does not correctly show the current IP. What you could try is to click on [service] in the display menu and then click [Reset Menu]. The lcd front display will reboot.

I will confer with our programmers what else you could do to solve the problem if this suggestion is not working.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Return to Pandoras Box V5