inserting non-4:3 content into a layer

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

inserting non-4:3 content into a layer

Postby ueliriegg » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:20 am

hello everybody

maybe i'm missing something, but i have a problem, that the media manager crunches my content (if not 4:3) down to 4:3, which happens to be the aspect ratio of the preview window. for example. i have a softedge projection with a native resolution of 2100x1050. so i have a test pattern of that size. drag it into a layer, it's being pushed and crushed into what probably is 1400x1050 (height seems to stay, width is decreased). so i have to x-scale this pattern up. by guessing, when the right scale is reached. not exactly the idea behind a test pattern, right?
so please tell me, i missed something...

cheers from switzerland
ueli
ueliriegg

Re: inserting non-4:3 content into a layer

Postby Julia Foest » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi Ueli,

using a testpattern only makes sense if it has the same resolution like your output has (in your case 1400x1050px) and not both outputs together including the overlap area.

As the preview window in our current version still is a fix 4:3 preview, every file in the preview will appear matched to this 4:3 format. If you do not want to scale your image for this softedge projection, please refer to this post (how to set up split content for softedge projection): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54&p=216&hilit=softedge#p216.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Return to Pandoras Box V5