upgrade from 2455 to 2814

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

upgrade from 2455 to 2814

Postby ueliriegg » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:35 pm

hello everybody

not long ago we upgraded from media manager pro 2455 to 2814. today i loaded a show that was programmed and last saved in 2455. what i found out, is that the videos in the project are inconsistent. when i start 2455 and load the very same file, the videos are ok.
is this a known phenomenon? will showfiles work without problems in future versions?
we are an operahouse with a repertory of up to 20 years, so the shows in the pandora will maybe have to still work next year and quite possibly even longer...

cheers from switzerland
ueli
ueliriegg

Re: upgrade from 2455 to 2814

Postby Julia Foest » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi Ueli,

I never had problems with showfiles created in Rev. 2455 and opened in Rev. 2814. Can you please send me the log files of both - the project opened in 2455 and also the ones opened in 2814? Please mail to support@coolux.de. Thank you.

Within the same Software Version (now: 4.1) you should be able to load your older projects with the different Revisions. But to be save - just keep the older PB Software on your machine, every new Revision can be installed parallel. So you always have the possibility to load the projects with the Rev. in which they were created.
When the new Software 4.5 comes out, you won´t be able to load older projects, because the render engine and the whole programming structure will change (and get better!).

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby ueliriegg » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:57 pm

will there be a converter so older projects can be transferred into the new format?!
ueliriegg

Postby Julia Foest » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:05 pm

Hi,

as far as I know: no. When the 4.5 comes out, you have to open older projects with older revisions.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby kimlg » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:11 am

Hi Julia,

When are you looking at releasing 4.5?

Thanks

Kim
Kim Louey-Gung
kimlg

Postby Julia Foest » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:04 am

Hi Kim,

actually we are planning to release the 4.5 in June/July (hopefully). But there is still a lot to do til then..

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby Patrick Verhey » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:39 am

Hi,

there will be a way to open older projects in 4.5, but it will only load the structure. So all your timeline programming will be gone. But your content, your views and things like that will stay.
We are discussing a way how to load older timeline things into the new 4.5, but this will actually make the 4.5 beeing a 4.1 and you are not able to use the new great features as clip orientation and curve editing. So it does not make to much sense to use old projects in 4.5, since the are runnning good in 4.1

For the problem of Uli with the incositent content:

can you please check if the content is inconsitent on the manager or on the server? If it is missing on the server just spread it again. The new version does not find the folder structure on the client maschines, but spreading the content will help.

If the content is missing on the manager, please make sure that all the folder structer and all pathes stay the same. I had people how stored the content in c:/programm files/pandoras box/ content. So the content was related to the installed version. After installiung a new version you have a new folder with the installation. This can cause problems.

We jardly recommend to create a folder directly on the c:/ drive on you manager and load all you content into that folder. If you do this, you are always able to exchange the whole show to a different computer or load different versions of PB

regards

Patrick

Return to Pandoras Box V5