Freezing client and anomalies

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Freezing client and anomalies

Postby ataras » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi all,
I've had some strange and serious problems using PB on a show. I would be conforted if I had an explanation.

SYSTEM:
- 1 Server Lite w. PB Manager rev 9088
- 1 Server Lite as client w. PB rev 9088

ENVOLVED MEDIA:
- .m2v videos (CBR, wt fps),
- .mpg videos (and .mpg alpha channel) converted frome some PNG Image Sequences by Image Converter,
- .png images.
(All media had 1920x1080 resution).

PROJECT:
Basically I had two video layers with crossfading videos ("locked to time" or on "freerun", depending on the needs).
Also I had other three video layers with PNG images or .m2v videos + alpha channel (on "BW Media as Mask" FX) ad .x warp meshes.

USED FXs:
Only levels, ColorContrastBrightness ane Crop Edges.

ANOMALIES:
1) Sometimes, when loading the project, PB flagged some .m2v and .x files as "inconsistent", but removing and reloading them in the project asset they were successively recognized as correct/completely loaded.
In some cases PB showed some errors on .x and .png files (<<One or more serious problems occurred. Engine display may be inconsistent with the GUI. (...) Bad type file.>> or <<No unpadded system memory available>>).

2) Also some PNG Image Sequences were recognized as "inconsistent". They were successively converted in .mpg videos with the relatives .mpg alpha channels by Image Converter, then they were flagged as correct files.

3) For numerous times PB client "freezed" itself on a frame or in a point of the timeline (every time different) without the possibility to "unfreeze" it! These anomalies could occur not only jumping in the timeline, but also with a simple and linear playing.

4) In one point of the timeline a video had to crossfade another video, but the second video were showed only in the output preview but not in the client output, so it resulted a "crossfade to black". Only removing the video from the asset, reloading and dragging it on the second container it was finally showed on the client output.

Have you got any idea of the causes of these strange and inexplicable anomalies? :shock:
ataras

Re: Freezing client and anomalies

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:45 am

That sounds strange. For sure not normal.
Did you copy the log files?
If you did please send all the logs to support(at)coolux.de
The Logfiles might help.
Please also send the xml file that will give us a chance of understanding your programming.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby ataras » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:11 am

Where are saved the log files? In coolux installation directory?
ataras

Postby Martina Protze » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:02 am

Hi

you can find a link to the log files in the PB Menu or in Windows' Start Menu. It links you to the installation folder (mostly programs/Pandoras Box revision xyz/logs)

Best regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Postby IvanYap » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:11 pm

I encountered the same issue

So is there a solution???
IvanYap

Postby Martina Protze » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:36 am

Hello Ivan,
the above thread mentions a couple different problems. Please describe exactly what you have encountered: how is the setup, what PB software revisions do you use, what problems did you see, can you describe a way so that we can reproduce the problem. The log files can help us a lot to discover issues that you see. Please send them together with your error describtion to support@coolux.de. Thanks
Best regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Return to Pandoras Box V5