flexibility of the timeline

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

flexibility of the timeline

Postby le morteauricain » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:46 am

For more flexibility, I control mediaserveur with a DMX desk.
Usualyi work on two screen, when i work on tree screen i use for the synchro, a mediamanager with timeline and would like to preserve flexibility of the DMX.
I ask only the images in layers with the timeline, and controle other functions in DMX, dimmer and position mainly. But in pause the movie and picture are removed at the end of 3 seconds. Normal will you say. I need to encode all fonction on the timeline, which makes the motionless sequence and to my idea made lose many interet to the Pandora. It's possible in last version to save the movie and picture in timeline, if no movie and picture are call in DMX, or give ID at the time line.
The systeme of cue of the timeline also is binding for a maximun of flexibility, could one envisage the creation of cue DMX whose function (play stop and pause) is control from the MAX desk. This identical function in all the cue of this type of it.

All this in an idea of efficiency and speed off course, because the manipulation is practicable by the other method.

Thanks a lot
le morteauricain

Re: flexibility of the timeline

Postby Julia Foest » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi,

it is not possible to use media, that is stored in the timeline, and simultaneously to control other layer parameters over dmx. The reason for this is that single parameter patch on the layer is not supported yet. This is on our to-do list, but I can´t tell you, when this will be implemented.

So, if you work with a programmed timeline it is currently only possible to control the timeline via dmx (eg. play, pause, jumping to cues, opacity of the sequence) and not the single parameters at the same time.

Best regards,
Julia Rieckmann
Julia Foest

Postby JustynR » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:07 pm

Would it not be possible though to program the timeline with no Opacity or position recorded in the timeline. Couldn't you then control Opacity or what ever with the console?
Even if you have recorded a value on the timeline you could still control opacity because when a value is active through the console or on the GUI, it is not affected by the timeline...
Is that right?
JustynR

Postby Julia Foest » Fri May 01, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi,

of course you could control the timeline giving opacity or position values from the lighting desk.
The problem why this does not work is that you have to patch the whole layer. Even if you do not define values for the media (folder and file ID) the desk will send values for these parameters (0 and 0). As soon as you give other parameters, the PB will receive 0,0 for file and folder ID and that means "no media" is active and overwrites the programmed media in the timeline. If you had the possibility to patch single parameters this would work. But right now, I´m sorry, it is not possible...

Greetings,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby le morteauricain » Sat May 02, 2009 1:27 pm

I can do it, ex: in a layer whitout media ask in DMX, a media ask by the timeline can be read, i have just 1 probleme in pause, a black screen (no media exactly) take priority. I want just know if in futur the programmer can change that to the timeline save priority (in pause too) when no media is esk in DMX
le morteauricain

Return to Pandoras Box V5