Using GMAX

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Using GMAX

Postby JustynR » Fri May 08, 2009 10:47 pm

I am trying to create a 2D object in Gmax like some others that exist already through Coolux.
The object I am trying to make has more than one plane on it... ie the same clip on a layer plays as a picture in picture, one is mirrored one is upside down, one is scaled and so on.
I have seen and used objects like this on layers and cameras before, so I know it is possible... but I can only get the first object I create to be seen by the camera in Coolux. In the thumbnail viewer it shows the multiple objects, but when I apply it to the layer, only one object has the clip playing on it.

I am sure it is just a simple setting I am missing, but it is really frustrating me now.

If anyone can offer any help with Gmax, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: Using GMAX

Postby ricky » Sun May 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi Justyn,
when you have an object created with more than one plane you have to CONNECT planes. Select one plane then switch from Standard Primitive to Conpound Object, select Connect and click Pick Operand and at the and select any planes in your view (all planes has to be green). Now you can export you "multiple object" and each plane keeps his UVW Map applied before connection.
bye :wink:
--ricky--

Tech Sales, Tech Support & Betatesting Coolux
Molpass srl
http://www.molpass.com
ricky

Re: Using GMAX

Postby JustynR » Mon May 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Thank you very much Ricky!

That was what I was missing. Everything works now.

Thank you again.

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Return to Pandoras Box V5