Fading between cues

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Fading between cues

Postby ppfer » Wed May 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi,
I'm working on a setup with different PiP layouts. I use cue to jump from a layout to another and WD to select the cues.

Can I fade between each different situation? For example, I'm on cue 6 and jump to cue 1: can I fade between them rather than jump?
I know I can program a timeline for this but I'm thinking of situation where I don't exactly know if my next cue will be cue 1 or cue 9 etc...

Is there a way to directly select a cue id in PB rather than in WD?

Thanks
ppfer

Re: Fading between cues

Postby Patrick Verhey » Wed May 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi,

you can use the Coolux Jog Shuttle controller to jump to cues by the numbers on the controller. But this will not really do a fade for that cue as a cue only represents a position on the timeline. If you want to fade into your pip you would need to program a fade in after the cue.
So you jump to the cue before the needed pip setup and play the timeline to fade in that setup. You more or less need to program all cases on the timeline or you could use different timelines for the different settings.

best regards

Patrick

Re: Fading between cues

Postby ppfer » Wed May 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Ok thank you. I think I will solve it via widget designer, fading my PiPs to a looping background, then fading back into my next cue...
ppfer

Return to Pandoras Box V5