4x Full HD Playback and live inputs

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

4x Full HD Playback and live inputs

Postby ppfer » Sat May 31, 2014 11:43 am

Hello,
in my last setup I used 3 live inputs (2 x DVI, 1 x SDI), 2 HD video layers and a graphic layer for a logo on a server LT. Everything went fine but my live inputs weren't all full HD... What if they were?
I'm just curious to understand if the 4x Full HD Playback limit of dual servers includes live inputs so I have to count - for example - 2Hd live input + 2 Hd video layers = 4x FullHD Playback or live inputs can be considered beyond this limit so I can use - for example - 4 HD video layers and 4 HD live inputs on a dual server.

Thanks
ppfer

Re: 4x Full HD Playback and live inputs

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Hello,

Live video inputs and videos from HDD are different in the way they are processed, so you can't really add them up like they were the same thing.

You probably have to test your setup just to make sure that your machine can handle what you like to archive. Maybe somebody else already tried to do a setup like yours and can share his experience.

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Re: 4x Full HD Playback and live inputs

Postby ppfer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:23 pm

Thanks Dennis. As I said, I don't really have a 4x HD video layer and 4x HD live input setup.
The setup I worked with did really well with 3 live inputs (1 x 720 x 576 SDI, 2 x 1600 x 900 DVI one of which with a black key effect applied) and 2 HD video layers (both playlists slowed down in the timeline though only one of them was visible except when cross fading).
I was just curious about if there's some math I should be aware of but I understand it's just matter of testing...
But I'm still curious so if someone really worked with a 4xHD video layers and 4x HD live inputs setup on a single server or something similar I'll be glad if he would like to share his experience.
ppfer

Return to Pandoras Box V5