Graphic layer visibility in Composition/Outputs

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Graphic layer visibility in Composition/Outputs

Postby anthonydiehl » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:28 am

I have a composition that spreads out seven projectors in a horizontal blend. These are feed from 4 player STD multi license machines (2 outs, 2outs, 2outs & 1 output). When I place a graphic layer in the time line on the top-most layer (graphic layer closest to the camera on the bottom player) I can move and place it all across my whole composition in global preview as I want to. However, the graphic only shows up in reality on the outputs of the player hardware on which the layer is associated. The graphic asset is spread to all the machines properly. How do I have one layer show up in all the outputs? For example, a logo that moves from left to right across the composition, spanning all seven projectors?
anthonydiehl

Re: Graphic layer visibility in Composition/Outputs

Postby malkuth23 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:23 am

See virtual site...

Maybe someone not as sleepy as me can explain more, but that is what you want to look at in the help file.
It is pretty easy once you get the gist.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Postby anthonydiehl » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:29 pm

OK, Virtual sites. Cool. Read up on it. Not seeing how this obviously solves this issue.

I'm assuming moving and positioning a single piece of media that lives on a single layer across a bunch of screens is pretty standard stuff for most people. So how do you do it?
anthonydiehl

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Hey,

well basically you can not see Layer 1 of site 1 in site 2, because it is not part of site 2. The Global Preview mixes all together. So how can one make a picture visible to both site 1 and site 2? You have to use two layers, one for each site and move them synchronously.

To simplify the task you can create a virtual site. Now all layer 1s are controlled by virtual layer 1, they all do the same, hence you can see the changes on all sites. The last step now is to offset the cameras so that each site only displays it's corresponding part of the view.

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby anthonydiehl » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks Dennis, this is helpful. Think I got it now.
anthonydiehl

Return to Pandoras Box V5