fullscreen-bug

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

fullscreen-bug

Postby matze » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:55 pm

this only a little question, maybe someone got this issue before. it happened only 2 times until now, but i makes me a little afraid.
after 2-6h playing 6 clips in loop the player leaves the fullscreen but is still running. no message and nothing in the logs.
the only thing i have to do is to switch him back to fullscreen.
does any one has an idea?

facts:
win7 pro
pb rev8499 AND rev9410 (same issue one both, i can not use the latest rev because its an old showfile) with 2 player pro dongles
matze

Re: fullscreen-bug

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:18 pm

Hello,

Showfiles should be usable in newer versions, you can create a copy and give it a try. Did you press "F" at any time?

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby matze » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:00 am

hi dennis,

thanks for your reply.
its a rev8499-showfile which worked safe last year for 1 week. i tried to open it with rev10085 but somehow when the sequence is running there was a white frame at the beginning of all containers independend of their opacity. i couldnt reproduce them while scrolling over the first frames this happens only when playing the sequence. that was the reason why i kicked the attempt with newer revs for lack of time. in rev9410 it runs well but it didnt solved the problem. in the case having nearly 1 year between these 2 revs and using these revs very often in the past without having any bugs not caused by "operating-errors" i dont suppose that this is s software-bug.

i already thought about having hit any key at the first time. but there was no keyboard attached and no vnc connected at this time and at the second time i am sure that the machine got no command from anyone. its a closed network with 1 manager and 4 dual players. nothing else.

i changed the player and reencoded the clips because there were some strange frames at the beginning of all clips. he didnt left fullscreen since 36h ...but now i am not clear what solved the problem.

regards.
matze
matze

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Hey,

If the problem comes up again you could send your project file with a detailed description on what is going wrong and how to reproduce it.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Pandoras Box V5