R3 hardware and 3G HDSDI output

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

R3 hardware and 3G HDSDI output

Postby cyeary » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:40 pm

HI Coolux peeps,

I was wondering if someone could explain to me the theory of going with LEVEL A on the 3G outputs of the new R3 servers and the 3G EDID quad box. In the US there seems to be a lot of Level B gear but not a lot of Level A gear so I am having a lot of compatibility issues with gear that I previously was using. I know some things happen technically that are not really under a lot of contol but this one seems to be causing me a lot of issues. Do you guys think in the future that you could support level B and what all do the 3G input cards support.

Thank you in advance.
Cameron Yeary
Unlimited Visibility, Inc.
cyeary

Re: R3 hardware and 3G HDSDI output

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Hi,

SDI Processor did only do Level A from introduction on, so that is nothing new to R3 hardware. I am sorry that apparently some of your gear only does Level B.
We will be looking into the possibility of also doing Level B, but that is nothing that is done overnight and I do not even know if it is possible. I can promise you that we will look into it, but I can not promise you that it is possible or how fast it will happen.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Re: R3 hardware and 3G HDSDI output

Postby cyeary » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Gracias. Daniel.

R3 is the first time I used the HDSDI output EDID bar so I assumed. After reading more I have learned a lot about the difference between level A and B. Kinda pissed that the SMPTE board could not have just had one flavor. Ohh well.

Thanks for answering.
Cameron Yeary
Unlimited Visibility, Inc.
cyeary

Return to Pandoras Box V5