Multi Users

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Multi Users

Postby gaudreaulp » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi

Im wondering if there is any way to be 2 users at the same time on the same show project to accelerate the video focus time (keystone, warps, ...) without using a remote system like GrandMA?

Thank you
gaudreaulp

Re: Multi Users

Postby JustynR » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:27 pm

There is no way to use 2 Managers... yet... *nudge nudge*
BUT

What I usually do on shows that need warping is I'll be programming Pandoras Box and I'll have someone else on the network with PB Remote (or any VNC program) running doing warps on the Client computer.
They just connect, minimize the Client, do the Warp, and export it for me.

Keystoning can technically be done this way too... instead of doing in on the Output with the faders, just create a .x object with the Warper and apply it to the output instead.
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby gaudreaulp » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks for your answer!

Using the warp is not possible for my case cuz i need to be able to use the keystone at the output because i have different layer of projection during the show and i need to modify the keystone value in reel time. I need to track the movement of the screen... And the problem with using the warp as an object, the keystone faders dont affect the object.

I think i will use a grand MA system to control this part.
gaudreaulp

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Hello,

Pandoras Box is single user at the moment.

However you can create a custom Widget Designer interface that controls one of the outputs and suddenly you have multi-user Keystoning. The best part is that this can be accomplished with the free (STD) version of Widget Designer.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Pandoras Box V5