Media Player Problem

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Media Player Problem

Postby JustynR » Mon May 25, 2009 4:05 am

I am using the Media Player Pro rev: 3148.
I am running the Client on 8 servers, and controling it with the Media Manager Lite.

The problem I am having is intermittent and very odd. After the system sits idle for a little while (different every time), 2 of the 4 layers stop working on all but 2 or 3 machines.

What is very odd, is that I can take content that is spread to every server, it will play on every screen on layer 1 and 3, but on 2 and 4 it only plays on sometimes only 2 or 3 servers.

The same file will play on layer 1 and 3 perfectly, but not 2 and 4.
I have reset all parameters and re-spread content (though it still plays on the servers on the other layer).

To fix this, I have to fully reboot each machine - just restarting the client does not fix it.

Is there something i am missing?

Thank you.

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: Media Player Problem

Postby Julia Foest » Mon May 25, 2009 11:46 am

Hi Justyn,

we never had a problem like this, very strange.
Can you please send us the .xml-showfile and the log files to support@coolux.de?
Maybe we can read out something that causes the problems. Thanks!

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby JustynR » Thu May 28, 2009 5:03 am

I think I've figured it out.... I am using different hardware... the newer machines that have been updated probably have newer versions of Direct X (I still have to check it out). I am pretty sure it is Direct X that is crashing because I am not getting anything logged for Coolux.

Also when a layer does not play on a server, I can take an FX layer (contrast, brightness, colour FX, or so on) and play with the levels, it does change that layer on the screen where the video should be.

Lately this happens if I leave the client machines on over night, it tends to happen more.

And again, it is only fixed after I reboot the machine - NOT after restarting the client.

What version of Direct X should I be running/which is the most stable?
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby Julia Foest » Thu May 28, 2009 10:06 am

Hi Justyn,

yes, good idea!
Please take the Direct X Version that you can download from the download section (Direct X9 March 2008): viewforum.php?f=76.
And it is always good to deinstall the old direct x version before installing the new one.

Toi toi toi!
Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Return to Pandoras Box V5