WD Buttons in PB?

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

WD Buttons in PB?

Postby rbergens22 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to display custom-script buttons in PB? I am working with a drawing canvas using AirScan, and I'd like a user to be able to switch pen size/color and clear the canvas without having to interact with WD directly. I've seen this done in one of the demo videos, but I'm lost as to how to get buttons to show up in the PB Server/Client.

- Rob
rbergens22

Re: WD Buttons in PB?

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Hello,

I usually solve this using the widget designer. First you put the widet into window mode (File menu) or by pressing ctrl-shift-T. Then you position the widget to your liking and right click the background of widget. From the menu select item properties. There you can check "topmost" now the widget will stay in front of PB. If you want to get rid of the window border use the menu where you set topmost. Set the window style to borderless.

Regards
Dennis

Sent from mobile.
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Re: WD Buttons in PB?

Postby malkuth23 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:44 pm

If you want to get real fancy there is a way to set an image in WD and then key out a color allowing for an area of transparency within WD. This way you can view the preview tab through the WD interface.

I would really like to see a WD tab in PB though one day... It should replace the obsolete programable buttons in PB. Or at least make the custom buttons in PB have full scripting rather than just a short dropdown list.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Return to Pandoras Box V5