Multiple browser pages & embedded audio channels

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Multiple browser pages & embedded audio channels

Postby rblais » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:13 am

Hello,

I have an interactive (touch) videowall of 7680x1080 where I'm using a single workstation to run all the outputs in nVidia Mosaic mode and connected to a large Touch IR USB frame. The setup itself with PB is not problem. Here comes some spices: On that bezel-free touch videowall, I'm virtually creating 4 web browser windows to allow 4 individual user zones side by side - In other words, the wall is acting as four 1920x1080 areas within each shows up a web browser experience, but all outputted from one machine.

From this workstation, how can I get 4 distinct audio feeds coming out of these 4 individual web browser experience through coolux?
Any experience and tips out there using multiple web browsers from a single device?
Unfortunately, I have to work with one powerful workstation instead of 4 compact players because of the touch frame (which cover the complete zone from a single USB input).

Any ideas is appreciated...

thx
Remus Blais
Manager, Creative Technical Solutions
rblais

Re: Multiple browser pages & embedded audio channels

Postby JustynR » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:45 am

Can you not use the touch frame USB device with the Widget Designer.

You could then assign different areas of the screen to different outputs using Range nodes or using the UV touch feature.
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby rblais » Wed May 20, 2015 2:57 am

oh you're absolutely right, but my problem is more about getting 4 different audio feeds (from 4 simultaneous running web browsers with their own audio speaker) from one pc. No problem using the audio layers and use my ASIO sound board to dispatch each audio layer to a particular channel then to his speaker, but the webbrowser audio is embedded, so i don't think I can route the audio from a embedded video layer, isn't?
Remus Blais
rblais

Postby rblais » Wed May 20, 2015 3:19 am

...That would be fantastic if we could assign an audio channel in the video layer inspector. In that case, pb would need to take in consideration the number of total audio layers to avoid bypassing the maximum ASIO layers availability. Maybe a new option in the configuration tab where "Using video layer as ASIO" can be selected or not, enabling the audio channel output selection in the video layer inspector. I wish this can be easy to implemented... :wink: :) 8)

Rémus
Remus Blais
rblais

Return to Pandoras Box V5