DVI Input Card Problems

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

DVI Input Card Problems

Postby noelbell » Fri May 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Hi Guys,

I was working with a PB quad server recently and i encountered a problems with the live input and wonder if anybody has had the same problems.

i was running my main show from Sequence 1 and my live inputs and some loops from Sequence 2. In total I was using three outputs.

As i had two side screens (outputs 1 & 3) for live inputs, I layer shared the the live input from layer 11 to layer 12. (layers 11 & 12 were dedicated to sequence 2 so it wasn't possible that something on sequence 1 would have caused my issue)

The show ran correctly the day previous but the following day i had signal drop out from the live input on layer 12 the shared layer but no drop out on the original live input layer 11. I know that the problem wasn't caused by an output on PB because I changed to a different look with two PNG in place of the live inputs and there issue went away. Also to grantee that it wasn't an output on PB I swapped Camera positions of 3 & 4 to output 4 and the same issue occurred only on the live input layer 12.

I'm not sure if it was the way that i had programmed the show or maybe the main timeline was using too many resources to allow the live input to be processed correctly? Any suggestions would be welcome!

Cheers,

Noel
noelbell

Re: DVI Input Card Problems

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri May 29, 2015 1:53 pm

Hello Noel,

Live inputs are shared resources by design, so you don't have to share it explicitly, just put it on all layers.

Even though you said that you are careful with sequences this sounds pretty much like a sequence collision problem (using the same layer on multiple sequences). Keep in mind that a layer is regarded as "used by this sequence" as soon as there is a container ANYWHERE on the timeline. Even if that one container is never played, the fact that it's there makes the sequence set default values.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Pandoras Box V5