PB Rev 12086 - Widget Commands at Cues

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

PB Rev 12086 - Widget Commands at Cues

Postby pshay » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:19 pm

Hello, I've installed PB rev 12086 and upgraded Widget to Rev 1668 today. Most everything seems to be working.

But, I think I found a bug. I use Custom Script buttons in Widget to jump to cues in my sequences. On the sequences there are usually Widget scripts that do several things. For example, they change the text of the button for that cue to green to show the operator which cue is selected or they also will trigger Widget to listen to Midi or Timecode or set a Widget variable as appropriate for that moment in the show.

In PB rev 12086, when I click on a button to jump to a cue, the script on the timeline at that cue will not fire. If I move the script keyframe somewhere else and play or scrub across it, it will fire normally. But it will not fire normally when the time indicator jumps to the cue.

I've tried creating new keyframe/scripts from scratch and it does the same thing.

Can anyone else reproduce this problem with PB 12086 and Widget 1668?
pshay

Re: PB Rev 12086 - Widget Commands at Cues

Postby pshay » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:11 am

Update - If I change the pause cues to play cues on the timelines, the scripts seem to fire correctly.

This will work as an un-safe work-around. I would like to set these back to pause mode once a fix is available so that if a timeline is playing when it shouldn't be, it will hit a pause cue instead of a play cue.
pshay

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:10 am

Hey,

Is there another version of PB that does it differently? Sounds like the desired behavior for me. (Keyframes only fire when timeline is running) do they fire when you then press play while paused on a pause cue with WD script key?

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby pshay » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi Dennis,

Up until I installed PB rev 12086, I have not had this problem.

In prior versions, if I click a CS button in Widget to tell a PB sequence to go to a specific cue, that was set to pause mode, if there is a widget script keyframe at that same frame as the cue, the widget scripts would fire.
Now, in rev 12086, if the cue is set to pause mode, the widget script will not fire.

Looking back at the change logs, I see this fix that may be related to my "problem":
Under rev 11967: fixed: Widget Designer Device: Commands are not send twice on pause cue.

Is it possible there was a problem with script firing twice, but now they somehow will not fire even once in some circumstances?
pshay

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:56 pm

Hey,

that sounds like being related to your problem. Can you drop an e-mail at coolux support? (support at coolux dot de)
They will check & report it if required.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby pianist » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:55 pm

This is also a huge issue for me. Having the exact same need for WD scripts on pause cues. And now they won't fire. Just had several hours of frustration up to a deadline with 12086 and some older projects. Having reverted to 11116, everything works again.
pianist

Postby pshay » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:44 am

Dennis - do you know if this has been fixed yet? I am not seeing a reference to a fix in the last two release notes.
pshay

Return to Pandoras Box V5