How do I create a custom EDID?

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

How do I create a custom EDID?

Postby IvanYap » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:13 am

Hi Daniel,
Sorry to hijack the thread but since you are at this topic about edid too. May i ask is there a way to send out 'customised' resolution? eg; 1600x1280p50/60.
And if it is possible, what is the workflow after i create an .edid file? Appreciate the help. Thanks :D
IvanYap

Re: How do I create a custom EDID?

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:48 am

Hi Ivan,

I did split the old topic and created a new one for you.

You can create custom EDIDs and force the graphics card to output it either with our Quad-DVI-Processors or the EDID Link.

http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... d_link.htm
http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... editor.htm

The second link will explain in detail, which values are needed within the fields.
You will find the same interface when clicking on "Create New Timing" within the Quad-Setup window for resolutions.

The easiest way would be to attach a device which is outputting this EDID to outlet 1 of the processor. Simply click on "Auto Generate Timing" to set up all outputs with this EDID.

In general, the correct EDID need to be placed into the folder structure of the PB_Menu once you have the file. Keep in mind, that there are various ways of defining an EDID within a file. Therefore you cannot save the EDID with one tool and import it into another straight away. This is why we are offering the mentioned ways above.

Hope this helps along.
If not, feel free to write again or contact the coolux support for further help.

Cheers
Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby IvanYap » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Thanks Markus
I will try it out soon... :D
But when u say to put the files into the correct structure, do i need to create a new folder for the edid & what is the correct path for the files to be placed in? (Let say if i create a edid from a tool).
Thanks!
IvanYap

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi Ivan,

the EDIDs are structured in a specific way depending on Dual Link or Single Link and number of outputs etc. ...
This will all be done automatically when using the Quad Menu. Therefore I didn't specify it furthermore as there are too many options. And anyway, the EDIDs would need to be created with our tools in order to match the needed format.

Regards
Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Pandoras Box V5