mirroring a layer

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

mirroring a layer

Postby matt_knelsen » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi Coolux team,

A question that might seem dumb: isn't it possible to mirror a image/video/live input stored in a layer? Last weekend, we had to control an installation in which we had two screens projected side-by-side, and one of them was supposed to be mirrored (flipped in the y axis). We were using one Player and a live input from another computer. I've tried to play around w/layer properties like Xscale and rotation, but I just wasn't able to reflect the video I was getting as a live input. Turns out that I had to use a property of the capture device we were using, in the live input configuration window, to be able to flip the image horizontally. But what if I had to mirror a video in my hard drive?

Thanks for this forum, it's been really helpful!
matt_knelsen

Re: mirroring a layer

Postby Julia Foest » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:01 pm

Hi Matt,

to flip or mirror an image / video file on a layer on the PB Media Player (with the Media Server there are more functions possible) please use an according 3D-Object on the layer. Right now I am not sure, but I think these objects must be on the Media Player Installation CD. Please have a look!

Attached you will find x-/y-flip objects that could be useful for you.

Best regards!
Julia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Julia Foest

Postby matt_knelsen » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Hey Julia,

Thanks again for the help, I'll use these objects next time I need to flip an image :wink:
matt_knelsen

Postby JustynR » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:17 am

These objects definatly work for what you want to do, I am using these exact objects (and many others I have created) to acheive an effect much the same as what you were trying to do.

Objects are definatly one of the easiest ways to make simple effects - especially because they are so customizable, if it doesn't exist - just make one! :)

If there is a certain effect or object you are looking for, there are definatly people here that will be able to help you out, or point you in the direction of an object that exists.

Make sure you download the 3 or 4 object libraries in the download section here. You'll be surprised how handy they are.

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Return to Pandoras Box V5