Pixelmapping via Artnet - No output when no adapter selected

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Pixelmapping via Artnet - No output when no adapter selected

Postby julzzw » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:56 pm

Hi there,

I am currently running two Pro Players (both with two pro dongles onboard each) and a Manager STD to run a LED screen which is 2x 1280x720 outputs, as well as pixel mapping some Dreampix Tubes via Artnet. I am wanting to use Output 1 of each player to do each 1280x720 output, and then use the Output 2 of one of the players as my Artnet pixelmap output.

Have so far not had an issue running this, except that I seem to run into the problem where the Artnet Pixel Map output will turn off if the Output (output 2 in this case) is not mapped to a Display Adapter output (eg Display 1) and therefore not output via Artnet either. This seems odd as I don't want to output to a physical display, just pixels on Artnet. Currently I have a workaround where I have connected an additional display just to preview the pixelmap and give it a Display Adapter to select, but this seems like a waste of a monitor, is there a better way?

Thanks,

Julian Williams
julzzw

Re: Pixelmapping via Artnet - No output when no adapter sele

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:42 am

Hello Julian,

When there is no screen attached the output will not be processed. In the future there will probably be a off-screen rendering that allows the setup without the additional display.

Maybe you can just connect an Edid Manager that fakes a display?

Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Pandoras Box V5