Dear Coolux

I hope you can help me with this issue:

I have a new compact all-in-one system:
ASUS ROG G751JY with i7, 512 Flash m.2, 32GB Ram, GTX980 4 GB

Player STD
Manager LT
WD Pro
(all newest versions)

Everything running together on same computer Master/client with same IP 192.168.10.10
Client goes fullscreen on secondary monitor – no problems.

Manager runs 960x540 29.97 HAP files with a live video overlay for monitoring purposes (on a Player Pro offline device)
Player STD device for fullscreen Client runs 1920x1080 29.97 HAPQ files. Processor is only at 12% load, videos run perfectly fluid, everything is perfect…

Until the system is left idle or inactive for 30-40 minutes. Client will then lose connection and I will need to restart client.

I have the computer connected to a Macbook Pro backup, running PlaybackProPlus. They are connected with a crossover cable. I also tried with a switch and regular Ethernet cables – same problem.

When running the client on another computer everything works normally and the system can be inactive forever and not losing connection – so I guess my network adapter is working “kind of” normally…?

I have optimized the computer to performance mode and disabling everything related to power saving functions. Also unchecked everything related to power saving features in the advanced settings of the network adapter. And of course I unchecked “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.

Thank you in advance!
Jacob
pianist

Re: Client loses connection

Postby pianist » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:17 pm

To sum up this case. I admit that I have most likely made a mistake by not paying enough attention to the various preinstalled software on a new gaming PC.

I bought this brand new Asus laptop. However I should probably have done a clean windows install, since there is always a lot of useless programs related to gaming and tweaking on such a gamer laptop. I removed all the gaming related programs, some Antivirus I suddenly discovered must have been running in the background and performance tweaking software - and VOILA - the problem has gone. Both with Manager/Client set to “Loopback-Pseudo-Interface” and Ethernet 192.168.10.10. I have not been able to reintroduce the issue since I uninstalled all those programs.

I feel a little embarrassed, but I am so grateful for Coolux' quick support and attention to my problems.

So my advice if you plan to run PB on any non-Coolux hardware is to make a clean Windows install before installing the PB software.

Jacob
pianist

Re: Client loses connection

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:34 am

Hello,

thank you for getting back here reporting the solution. This will probably be helpful to others in the future!

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Pandoras Box V5