Dual out player problen fill + key out

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Dual out player problen fill + key out

Postby satanete666 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi to all,

I am triying to make with a homemade computer with 2 player std dongles and one laptop with another std dongle to manage the dual player , the system consist in the player play a files with alpha chanel and aply the color only effect to the 2 out and remove the alpha of the 2nd camera and insert both out puts to a spyder x20 and setup like one the fill and ther imput key .

All works well but when the video has movement or if i move a png file from left to right , i can see a ghost in the image , can i try something to improve this setup.

All system is windows 8.1 8gb ram,intel i7 , 512gb ssd , nvidia gtx680 2gb.

Thanks
satanete666

Re: Dual out player problen fill + key out

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:43 pm

Hello,

maybe you can force the outputs to syncronize (screen refresh) when using the surround mode on the GPU? Most recent NVIDIA cards have an option to make the displays to one large desktop, just like the old spanning feature on Windows XP.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technol ... quirements

Maybe this helps. If you got this working you may have to set the the subdivision to 2 in the Configuration -> Render Engine for the outputs to align properly.

Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby satanete666 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:12 pm

HI dennis,

I check sourround setup today but the ghost problem still showing, i see that is happend when you have quick movements , i dont know if this information helps.

thanks
satanete666

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:50 pm

Hello,

Since you are playing only one video file and the outputs are now both synchronized (i assume that the surround mode does that, I don't know that for sure though...) there should be no way for Pandoras Box to get the Key and Fill out of sync.

Any chances that the problem is somewhere else (signal chain)?
If not, drop us an email, then we could check if the outputs are in sync when they are in surround mode.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby satanete666 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:16 am

i dont think that the problem is the signal chain because i go to spyder with 2 dvid cables and i try with thomson grassvalley indigo mixer and i see the same problem.
satanete666

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:18 pm

Hello,

I did a quick test with a RGB Framesync video (RGB frames with timecode). When playing back in surround mode the refresh rate is synced and all screen refresh the same color at the same time. I don't see why the color and alpha outputs would diverge from each other. If you have surround enabled Pandoras Box can only provide matching outputs and I assume that the gpu only provides complete images as well.

Are the video switchers doing some kind of frame rate conversion?

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby satanete666 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:25 pm

there is no frame conversion, i will try again if i see anything else to adjust.

Thannks
satanete666

Return to Pandoras Box V5