artnet problem

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

artnet problem

Postby satanete666 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:20 am

hi to all ,

i am trying to manage a elation sixbar1000 by artnet , i setup the bar in artnet mode with ip in 2.1.1.2 , i try with padoras box with ip 2.1.1.1 and i activate the artnet input and output but i have no luck to produce an artnet valid signal , do the same in widget designer , here i can see the artnet monitor that is working but the bar still without activity. i use the dmx workshop and the bar is alive , i am doign something wrong? i am using the last version of pandoras box and widget designer.

kind regards
satanete666

Re: artnet problem

Postby vester86 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:32 am

Do you use the same universe on both devices? Is your patch right? Start adres?

Do you use a straight cable connection, or is there a switch/hub/router in between?
Freelance sound / video technician
www.vestertheatertechniek.nl
vester86

Postby satanete666 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:49 am

Subnet 0
Universe 0

computer. 2.1.1.1
Led bar 2.1.1.2

No switch, but i test with ping and i can see .
satanete666

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:08 pm

Hello,

I had a elation/adj device once that required the reuseArtNetPort option:

There are some devices out there that are very picky and follow the Art-Net Protocol Standard very strictly. That means that they want the packages to come from a very specific port. You can force PB into using that port for "stubborn" devices using the tweak config file:

Head to C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\coolux\Pandoras Box V5 .....\data\config\ and edit the tweak_config.txt
Find the line that says "reuseArtNetPort=0" and change it to "reuseArtNetPort=2" if you are using the matrix patcher or "reuseArtNetPort=1" if you are using DMX devices from the Device Types Tab.

The same option exists in the Widget Designer, I think it is in the connection manager window.

Hint1: If you are using the ArtNet Monitor in the Widget Designer, then you have to enable Art-Net input in the Connection Manager. If you start the Art-Net monitor from PB or from the menu then you don't need to do that.
Hint2: Make sure that the Firewall and also the Microsoft Windows Defender => Real Time Scan are turned off!
Hint3: If you are using the 2.x.x.x range, make sure that you do not have an internet connection on this machine. This can cause routing problems. A common mistake is to have a WiFi adapter enabled with internet connectivity.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby satanete666 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:08 pm

Now is working , thank you for all
satanete666

Return to Pandoras Box V5