Box virgin

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Box virgin

Postby inthe128 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Hello there, Okay just been informed I will be running a Pandoras Box system for a festival next week. The information so far appears that it is pro flavor. The festival is on a Hog 2 desk, so I need to know the DMX charts to build a profile, I can see a couple of profiles kicking about, so hoping they are good. The design has some LED tiles place on the truss, just for eye candy and last year this was run from an Arkaos system which seemed fine. We have some LED screens either side of the stage this year, not sure of the purpose. Looking at the plot we are are really going to have a large DMX count and I would really like to know the DMX channel count for the PB system, perhaps how best to patch it. I have a meeting with the AV guy who knows it, but not from a desk point of view a day or so before we load in, but I am interested to know the components and layers I may have to deal with from a desk point of view, a manual would be good, but haven't found it yet. I am reading now and see graphic layers and such. The system is playing back a section of media files with no need for treating with the desk, any pointers and advice really.

Many thanks Andy.
inthe128

Re: Box virgin

Postby ricky » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Dear Andy,
you can find all DMX charts and profiles for all desks able to control PB system in DOWNOLAD section of the forum.
If you are adopting a PB server you need 37 channels for each Video Layer, 34 channels for each Graphic Layer and 44 for each Camera...for the player is different. You have to calculate how many Layers you will use because you are not bind to patch all of them. Consider the alternative that you can make your show in the PB sequence (timeline) with his CUES just to trigger them from console and in this situation you can patch only the sequence on your desk (5 channels only!).
I hope this helps
--ricky--

Tech Sales, Tech Support & Betatesting Coolux
Molpass srl
http://www.molpass.com
ricky

Re: Box virgin

Postby inthe128 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:25 pm

Thanks for that, reading a bit this weekend and should know more about what is wanted this coming week, so hopefully I will be up to speed, looking forward to it.

Andy
inthe128

Return to Pandoras Box V5