PB ignores settings on 2nd graphics adapter

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

PB ignores settings on 2nd graphics adapter

Postby pianist » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:53 pm

When running Manager and Player simultaneously on one laptop, PB only takes the settings from the main laptop monitor (in this case 1080p) and ignores the 2nd display settings (720p). Is there a way to force PB to use a separate setting for the player output if multiple adapters? Also the frequency I would like to control separately. Do I need an EDID manager for that?

Jacob
pianist

Re: PB ignores settings on 2nd graphics adapter

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:57 am

Hi,

don't run Manager and Player on the same machine. You can run a player in standalone mode instead (only one sequence though).

To use only the second output, set the Full screen is single to YES and then check "use for fullscreen" on the second output.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby pianist » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:12 am

Thank You Dennis.

I run the player in client mode. But that's not what you mean? I need to run the Manager on same system because I need a secondary movie with its own preview which is what I use the manager for. I have been through Coolux support discussing several other topics with the exact same system, and no one ever advised against the use of Manager and a player on same machine. I even run WD! And everything works flawlessly. However didn't discover the resolution "issue" until now, since 1920x1080p is what I need anyway. However discovering that I'm not able to set the Secondary output (used for the player client) in another resolution, made me wonder if I was able at all to control the secondary output - or if the main primary adapter settings (the laptop screen) automatically is cloned to the secondary.

Jacob
pianist

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Wed May 04, 2016 12:54 am

Hello,

we did not plan for both applications (master + client) to run on the same machine. If you can make it run then you can use it like that. It's just that we are somewhat limited in what we can support.

From what I understand you are successfully running PB twice on one machine, so I would probably have a look at the "Configuration -> Render Engine" tab in the master to configure the client. You should be able to enable the secondary output there.

Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby pianist » Tue May 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Thank you Dennis. I found the solution - needed the EDID link, and everything now works as it should. Nice feeling to have the resolution/freq locked properly!
pianist

Return to Pandoras Box V5