Windows 10 Manager

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Windows 10 Manager

Postby matthias-sch » Sat May 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi everybody,

is it already safe to use PB-MM and WD-PRO on Windows 10?
Servers/Player still on 7 and 8.1.

Thanks & best regards,
Matthias
matthias-sch

Re: Windows 10 Manager

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Mon May 30, 2016 11:31 am

Hi,

we do not recommend it.
Windows 7 or 8.1 Pro is recommended.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby matthias-sch » Mon May 30, 2016 11:48 am

ok, thanks :-)
matthias-sch

Postby barleywood » Tue May 31, 2016 12:33 am

I recently had to make my MM server into a Player Pro server for extra outputs and use the MM backup windows 10 laptop for the main MM LT and had a windows 10 Surface Pro 3 for WD Pro. I'm not saying there could be problems but I experienced none other than the taskbar being stuck on once and awhile due to the notifications that is a windows specific glitch and not Coolux. It was running three custom quad players and four custom dual players using warper and capturing 17 SDI sources and outputting 15 displayport sources with zero problems all on 13378, live on television. The Surface Pro 3 was a combo of a custom c# interface working with WD that managed all the servers and controlled all the capture sources, a few Lightware dvi routers and a few Blackmagic sdi routers, and tracked all the players health, this worked lovely as well. It was a scary few hours live for me.
I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with Windows 10 and ASIO on the MM. I plan to test the audio with an RME and Focusrite ASIO interface and also a Bluefish444 Supernova 4k card in July when time permits. If anyone has done this already it would be great to get input on their tests.
barleywood

Postby proximityav » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi barleywood, did you have any issues installing WD Pro on the Surface Pro 3? I can't get it to run on my Surface Pro 4, crashes before loading. MM STD seems to run OK though...
proximityav

Postby cyeary » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:10 pm

The secret to getting it to run on the surface is install manager or some version of PB first then install widget. This fixes everything for me. We use both surfaces all the time.
Cameron Yeary
Unlimited Visibility, Inc.
cyeary

Return to Pandoras Box V5