*Newbie* Jumping to scenes within the timeline

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

*Newbie* Jumping to scenes within the timeline

Postby boxop » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:55 am

Thanks for your time.

I was wondering how / if it was possible to navigate the timeline by using "key binds"?

eg. I have a show where by from a looping graphic I want to be able to jump to the beginning of a playlist that I've constructed on the timeline. I want to be able to jump to said playlist on request of the show caller and not via the implementation of a pause and jump cue. I've looked into the Playlist Editor, but I'm greeted by a blank tab (I'm using an offline manager - if that makes a difference?)

I've come from a Watchout background where I could jump between my cue points by use of the function keys on my keyboard, one would assume this a very obvious feature? The inspector tab for the cues used in PB seems to suggest it's possible, but I cant work it out :(

Please. Somebody enlighten me.

Thanks in advance!
boxop

Re: *Newbie* Jumping to scenes within the timeline

Postby JustynR » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:33 am

To make the Playlist Tab work, you need to right click in your Project Tab and select "Create New Playlist".
Click on that new Playlist and you can edit it.

Unfortunately though, there is no way to run a loop indefinably and just switch to another one using the Playlist.

I think your best bet right now would be to create a Sequence with cues and use the Widget Designer to jump between cues.
You can set up key bindings there.

I hope this helps,

J
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: *Newbie* Jumping to scenes within the timeline

Postby boxop » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks Justyn, I'll try working with widget designer.
boxop

Return to Pandoras Box V5