PB Timeline Crossfade

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

PB Timeline Crossfade

Postby ataoli » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Working on a project with PB Player Pro Multi-liceneses.
I was wondering if anyone has a better idea about making crossfades when jumping from one section of the timeline to another section where the content is different. My desired result is to jump from cue to cue with a crossfade, avoiding a dip to black or a background still.
I try to make use of the enforce default setting however this working for layer below it. Unless I am wrong? My other thought was to use the WD and make macros to load media to layer below and fade it in.
Just wondering if there are options I haven't thought of.
Thank You
ataoli

Re: PB Timeline Crossfade

Postby Janina Baltaziewicz » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:08 am

Hi,

the possibility with putting the next content at the second layer and fade that in is already quite a good one.
As you don't have anything like an automatic crossfade in PB, you would always have to do some live action with your content, or you would have to program every possible fade from each media to every other one beforehand (that might work for three different media files, but more would be a mere waste of time).

Best regards,

Janina
Janina Baltaziewicz
Customer Service Engineer
Janina Baltaziewicz

Postby florian » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:49 pm

while you can't crossfade between cues on a single timeline, you could in theory crossfade between multiple timelines. would be kind of a hack ,but if you copied all your data from one timeline onto a different set of layers on another timeline you could alternate back and forth between the two and use the sequence masters to fade one down as the other fades up.
-flo

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise."

Cato the Elder, Plutarch's Life of Cato
florian

Postby frozenwaffles » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:21 am

we should be able to crossfade from pone point on the timeline to any other point. is this on the list of wishes?
Jeremy Koch
Sydney, Australia
Innovative Production Services - http://www.innovative.net.au
hp Z G4 with Windows 10 1809 LTSC (NVidia P5000) - Running V8.8
Manager on Dual Processor Server Hardware - Running V8.8
Widget Designer - Running V6.5.7 beta
frozenwaffles

Return to Pandoras Box V5