Horizontal Span Issue

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Horizontal Span Issue

Postby JustynR » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:08 pm

I am currently on a show with 8 Media players. I am using the Pandoras Box using Horizontal Span.

I have 1 projector in output 1, and Martin LC panels in output 2.

When the horizontal span happens, I need the Projector to be on the LEFT and the LCs to be on the RIGHT.

When I do this in the NVIDEA control panel this way, the graphics card crashes and I get one screen at 800x600 and the colour at 4bit.

My - VERY UNSTABLE - workaround, is to do the horizontal span backwards, and to quickly unplug the DVI and switch them.

This means I have to keep the machines and projectors on full time - I have 2 weeks left of this show.

I have some EDID boxes coming in that should fool the machine into thinking it just has 2 screens connected to them, but those don't show up for a while.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem before?

Thank you very much.

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: Horizontal Span Issue

Postby Julia Foest » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:10 am

Hi Justyn,

what are you doing? :o

We need some more infos, please:
What kind of graphics card are you using? Which driver? Which resolutions have you setup for the projector and the panel?

What I do not really understand: why don´t you switch the displays up from the beginning? This is not working? Why the switch while the computer is already running?

Greetings,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby JustynR » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi Julia,

I have switched the displays before starting the computer, but it I still have the same problem trying to make the projector the primary display on the "left" side of the display. Even if i were to reboot it right now with it already set up, it still crashes the video card.

The video card I am using is the NVIDEA GeForce 9800 GT.
The same thing happens on another machine I am using which has the 9600 GTX+

I have tried both the driver that comes with the device, AND the driver available from the download page on this site. - did a complete uninstall and install before doing this.

The resolution for both is 1024x768.

Again, no matter what order I have the panel/projector plugged in (before or after it is on), it still crashes the video card and I have to reset the resolution through windows and reboot.

Thanks

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby Mike Steinbrecher » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:21 am

Hello Justyn,

what happens if you just plug in one of the systems. So either the projector or the Panel? Does it crash too?

For me it sounds like there are problems with the EDID Informations comming from the systems.
When will you get your EDID detectives to test it with them?

Nice regards

Mike
---------------------------------------------
Mike Steinbrecher
Technical Sales Manager
Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik

Christie Digital Systems | http://www.christiedigital.com| Richard-Byrd-Strasse 19 | 50829 Koeln | Germany
Mike Steinbrecher

Return to Pandoras Box V5