No output on dvi processor of quad server

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

No output on dvi processor of quad server

Postby egoy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Good day everyone

Heres my dilemma right now, am setting up a quad server with four outputs directly on an led processor. For some reasons output number two of the dvi processor is not giving an output. We tried to put all the outputs into an ascender but still theres no no output. When we checked what the ascender is seeing from the quad server it shows some weird resolution from out put 2. Sometimes its 6356 x 3 px sometimes its 7630 x 36 px.

Is my dvi processor faulty now??

Thanks
egoy

Re: No output on dvi processor of quad server

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:42 pm

Hello,

1. Power cycle the processor
2. Apply a new resolution through the menu
3. Try Output 1, does it work?
3.1. Yes: Now use the same cable and plug it into Output 2. If it doesn't work then it is very likely that your processor is damaged.
3.2. No: Check your Input 1, it is probably wrong

It is unusual for a DVI Processor Output to die "just like that". In most cases the port was damaged physically or with an electric shock. Get in contact with your local distributor or our support team if you think that the processor is damaged.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Re: No output on dvi processor of quad server

Postby egoy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi

Yes i tried rebooting the server and the the processor. I even unplug all the cables and swapping the cables. Still output 2 doesnt have any signal. I even tried running it on dual mods with a lower resolution but still number 2 doesnt have any signal. The weird thing is if i put an dvi-hdmi connector and plug it straight to a 50in lcd it works, but if i put the same cable with an dvi-hdmi connector straight to a switchsd or even a DA Iit doesnt work
egoy

Return to Pandoras Box V5